Sunday, February 4, 2024

Tasting - Merlot by Josh Cellars

 Name: Josh Cellars Merlot

Variety: Merlot

Region: California

Country: United States

Year: 2021

Price: $14.39

Online Review: Our Merlot is soft and inviting with balanced flavors of blueberry, raspberry, and milk chocolate and scents of fragrant violets and vanilla.

My Review: I mentioned in my initial blog post that I'm not a huge fan of red wine, so this one didn't taste that great to me. Before tasting, I smelt raspberry and chocolate. This wine was more tannic than sweet and it had a long finish. I didn't have food with this wine. I would rate this Merlot a 7/10.

Wine Folly: As stated in the Wine Folly textbook, I could taste the chocolaty finish and I could feel the tannins (page 192). The book recommended that you drink Merlot in an oversized glass at room temp. Unfortunately, I didn't have an oversized glass but I did drink it at room temp., and I cupped the glass so that my body heat could heat up the wine a bit. I spent under $15 which is what the book recommended, however, I didn't attempt to decant the wine for 30 minutes before tasting it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting - Journey & Discovery Pinot Grigio

This is my mom, babushka, and I  with our wine.   Name:  Journey & Discovery Pinot Grigio Variety:  Pinot Grigio Region: Rubicone Countr...