Sunday, February 18, 2024

Tasting - Yellow Tail Chardonnay

Wine: Yellow Tail Chardonnay

Variety: Chardonnay

Region: South Eastern, Australia

Country: Australia

Year: 2023 

Price: $13.99

Online Review: Yellow Tail Chardonnay is a dry wine that boasts a full body and bright acidity, making it an excellent pairing for a wide range of dishes. With its distinct notes of fresh peach, melon flavors, and a hint of vanilla, this wine offers a complex yet approachable flavor profile that is sure to delight the palate.

My Review: I wasn't a huge fan of this wine, it was a little too acidic for me. Before tasting, it smelled like lemon to me. I didn't get the hints of vanilla or peach. I would've enjoyed the fruity notes, but I just couldn't taste it. I enjoyed that it was a full body and the fact that it wasn't that tannic. I did not have anything to eat with this wine. I would rate it a 7/10.

Wine Folly: The textbook recommends that you drink Chardonnay at 45-55 degrees Fahrenheit, but since I didn't chill it in the freezer, I put a couple of ice cubes in it to make it cold (page 110). I didn't decant it before drinking, the textbook says you don't need to. Also, Wine Folly recommends that you spend less than $40 on Chardonnay, which I did. However, I think next time I will spend a little more on a better wine. Chardonnay from California is often made riper, with tropical fruit and apple flavors (page 113). Although the bottle stated there are hints of melon and peach, it tasted more like lemon to me.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting - Journey & Discovery Pinot Grigio

This is my mom, babushka, and I  with our wine.   Name:  Journey & Discovery Pinot Grigio Variety:  Pinot Grigio Region: Rubicone Countr...