Sunday, January 28, 2024

Introduction - First Wine Post

 

Me, drinking a Moscato at 622 North

Hi! I'm Alexandra and I'm a junior here at VT. I don’t have that much experience with drinking wine because I am picky regarding the taste. I’ve found a couple of Moscato’s and Zinfandel’s that I like but other than that I haven’t had a lot. I’ve never tasted a red that I liked because most of the ones I’ve had were very bitter. However, I know there are sweet reds, and I would love to taste some of those.

Regarding taste, I like sweet wines and have enjoyed trying wines with different infused fruits like pineapple and blueberries. Since I don’t have much experience with wine, I will only drink it about 2-3 times a month. These times include date nights and wine nights with my friends. So, during dinner or when my friends and I have a specified “wine night”. I’ve also had wine at family gatherings, but my family members bring the wine for those events, so I don’t remember what types I’ve had there.

I would love to learn about everything, to be honest. Just a few weeks before this semester started, I went on a brewery tour, and it was one of the coolest things I’ve experienced. I loved learning about every step of the process, from brewing beer to packaging it, so I would love to learn the same about wine. I also want to learn how to properly taste wine and the verbiage that comes with it. I’m excited to find new wines to enjoy while taking this course because as I stated previously, I am kind of particular about the taste of wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting - Journey & Discovery Pinot Grigio

This is my mom, babushka, and I  with our wine.   Name:  Journey & Discovery Pinot Grigio Variety:  Pinot Grigio Region: Rubicone Countr...